Friday, July 23, 2010

Sugar Maples and Black Raspberries


These are North American plants, and as far as I know they might have problems in prospering in Sweden, and I doubt heavily they would survive in Finland.

The Sugar Maple grows up to about 45 degrees North and my parents' farm is about 62 degrees North...
Black Raspberry SHOULD be growing this high up North, but... In 2006 they said in a garden forum that they had seen some Black Raspberry plants somewhere in Sweden, but nothing has been heard of that project since then. 2008 they said there are "plenty" being sold, but a lot of people found nothing when they tried to get any. So I don't know...

They say that a Sugar Maple won't produce much before it's about 40 years old. Sure... if I plant them now, they'll be ready when I'm 80 :-D But you can tap birches of sap when they are only 10 years old... I wonder why not maples.

Well, well...

No comments: