Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Almost Midnight

It's almost midnight and I can't sleep... I'm tired, very tired, and if I went to bed, I'd toss and turn a couple of hours just to fall asleep by mere exhaustion, and sleep to late afternoon... and wake up without feeling rested. I am anxious, because I have a meeting tomorrow. I don't know if it would be better to toss in a bed in dark room, or actually get some work done.

Ariadne's wonderful site exists only on internet archive, as far as I know, which I think is a pity.

1. 
I honor the energy of *birch*, for a new beginning. 
I am able to change myself as I will to do. 
So mote it be!

2. 
I honor the energy of *rowan* for protection against evil enchantment. 
I will not hobble myself with the chains of past failures. So mote it be!

3. 
I honor the energy of *alder*, for the protection of my inner oracle. 
I will listen to the voice of the Goddess Within. 
So mote it be!

4. 
I honor the energy of *willow*, for the lunar rhythms within me as a woman. 
I will recognize and heed my own body's cycles. 
So mote it be!

5. 
I honor the energy of *ash*, the magician's staff. 
I will recognize that "as above, so below," I play a part in the larger scheme of things. I will link my inner and outer worlds. 
So mote it be!

6.
I honor the energy of *hawthorn* for cleansing and restraint. 
I will choose what I place within my body, and empty myself of all that violates my personal well-being. 
So mote it be!

7. 
I honor the energy of *oak*, the doorway to the mysteries. 
I will call upon the strength of the Horned One when I feel in need of protection. 
So mote it be!

8. I honor the energy of *holly*, spear of the warrior.
I will not remain passive and victimized, but will choose to fight for my own freedom. 
So mote it be!

9. 
I honor the energy of *hazel*, the tree of wisdom. 
I will heed my own inner intuitions, and will be wise and informed in my choices. 
So mote it be!

10. 
I honor the energy of *vine*, the tree of conviviality and celebration. 
I will love myself and will celebrate life, not seeing the choices I make as deprivations but gifts. 
So mote it be!

11. 
I honor the energy of *ivy*, the spiral to center. 
I will do all that I do because of my own inner desires. I will listen to myself, and will remain balanced and centered while I do this work. 
So mote it be!

12. 
I honor the energy of *reed*, the tool of the hunt. 
I will take direct action when necessary to protect myself, including the "killing" of old patterns, friendships and associations which harm me. 
So mote it be!

13. 
I honor the energy of *elder* which sees the end from the beginning. 
Throughout many lifetimes I have been here. I have the knowledge that I have changed myself again and again. I will start from where I am now, and continue to persist in my path. I will succeed. 
So mote it be!

I think these might work as prayer beads... You could have a bead made of each wood, or choose a bead that is symbolical to what Ariadne associates with these 13 trees.

No comments: